Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wanting Wallpaper.

About two years ago, my family and I moved from Chicago (maaaybe 1200 square foot condo) to our current home, which is much larger and therefore, much less furnished.  We currently have 2 rooms sitting completely empty and a pretty bare basement.  So, I have lots of decorating projects on my to-do list.  One of them is our downstairs powder room.  It's perfectly acceptable now, but it's a very small space and I'd like to do something that makes a big impact.  Like wallpaper. 

Last week, Anthropologie launched For The Decorator, an online resource for adding Anthro items to your home.  Genius!  And led me to discover that they carry wallpaper.  Who knew?!  Here are a few of my favorites:


Octopus Garden Wallpaper.  I love the blue and I love the octopus.  I have kind of been obsessed with octopi ever since Thom made over Guiliana and Bill's condo on Dress my Nest and included this print:


I have to believe that re-papering my powder room would be cheaper than this piece of art (just $3500!)


Whistling Thorn Wallpaper.  This is probably the safest pick as it's the most neutral color palette.  But it's jazzed up a bit with the metallic print.


Cranesbill Castle Wallpaper.  Plumed birds, cheerful yellow.  Need I say more?

The other projects that I'd like to complete before summer - finding the perfect cork board for The Bug's room and putting the finishing touches on our recently re-done Master.  Pictures soon!

Images via, via.

No comments:

Post a Comment