Monday, March 14, 2011

Bag Lady.

So, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect handbag.  Something that's stylish but also extremely functional in my life-as-a-mom.  It needs to hold all my essentials, but also a few goodies for The Bug - wipes, sanitizer, small toys and a snack.  One newly discovered must for me is a cross-body feature.  It keeps my hands free and ready to tackle a squirmy toddler.  These are a few of my faves for spring:



Madewell Dusty Roads Messenger.  If you don't know Madewell, you should.  She's the cool younger sister of J.Crew with the "I just threw this on" vibe I love.  This bag has the coolness of something you might find in a vintage boutique but with all the modern day touches - soft leather, great color, lots of pockets to store your stuff.  This bag will get better with age. 



Marc by Marc Sneaky Snake Hillier Hobo. Ok, so I will admit I didn't get this bag at first.  I saw it at Nordstrom a few weeks ago.  I liked the look, I REALLY liked the price ($298) and then I touched it.  Ewwww, what is that?  It's faux-leather, thus the sneaky name and thus the lower price tag.  I dismissed it because - who wants fake leather?  Fast forward a few weeks and I SEE THIS BAG EVERYWHERE.  It haunts me at work, it haunts me at the grocery store, it haunts me at The Bug's school.  So of course, it's starting to grow on  me.  Everyone seems to have black, so that's why I lean towards this faded khaki color - perfect for warmer weather wardrobe.  What are our thoughts on faux leather?  It would be very green of us all.... 


Ok, this is gonna be an odd one.  The Sak's Silverlake Flap Bag.  I actually own and carry this bag right now.  I had to get past the reputation The Sak had for me - a crocheted bag I carried in the 8th grade - but once I did, I fell in love.  It's a steal ($99) and comes in enough colors to make your head spin.  It's quite roomy, is made of the softest leather and has withstood the beatings of many adventures - traveling, thrown in the back of the car, used as a pillow by the dog, etc.  I am constantly being asked about the bag by strangers and everyone always seems surprised to hear that it's The Sak.  Check them out - they aren't just crocheted bags anymore. 

What are your picks?  Any bags I should know about?

Images via, via, via.

1 comment:


  1. Hello!
    a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this blog it's extremely useful to execute in our work.


    Regards.
    New Fashion Dresses for ladies Online

    ReplyDelete