Thursday, May 5, 2011

Local Love 8.

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, my Local Love today is a new-to-me Mexican restaurant, Frida's. 

The Texan and I went here for the first time last weekend, at the urging of the Groupon I had purchased a few months back.  We are both huge fans of Mexican food, but usually don't love the cheese-laden items most places offer up.  We were pleasantly surprised to discover that the fare at Frida's is what they consider "authentic" - not a ton of cheese and healthy serving of fresh ingredients.

The place was pretty busy for a Saturday night and I was thankful we had a reservation.    We started with the guacamole (standard guac, delish!) and then moved on to our entrees.   Hubs had Tacos Placeros, which according to the menu would be the best tacos he had ever had.  They were served the way he likes them - corn tortillas, plenty of onions and tomatoes and topped with fresh cilantro.  Simple and tasty. 

I chose Filete Juan.  Steak, onions, mushrooms and peppers tossed in a yummy sauce.  I wish I would have had some tortillas to wrap myself up a taco, but it came with potatoes and vegetables instead.  Probably a healthier alternative considering we had already inhaled 527 baskets of chips.

I thought Frida's was delicious and a perfect alternative to the places we usually go.  Frida's is located at 14861 Metcalf in OP. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment