Thursday, May 26, 2011

Local Love 10.

My heart goes out to everyone impacted by the recent tornadoes all across our country.  But it really hit home earlier this week when the deadliest storm in Missouri history hit just 145 miles south of my home.  So this week, I dedicate my Local Love to the families of Joplin, MO.


Having gone to college in Missouri, I have several friends who are from Joplin, who have families in Joplin.  I have spoken to them and their families and friends are accounted for.  My heart especially aches for those who lost their children or whose children are still unaccounted for.  The loss of a child is unimaginable to me.

The Texan has been especially impacted by our spring storms.  He's a bit over dramatic at times (we actually have a tornado hiding spot in our basement complete with water, flashlights with extra batteries and canned food) and while I make fun of him quite a bit for his preparedness, it will come in handy should a storm strike.  And I say a little prayer every day that it won't.

So today I ask you to help.  Give blood, volunteer your time or donate money.  Just help how you can.  Visit the American Red Cross for more info. 

1 comment:

  1. have you seen the before and after pictures of Joplin, they are on yahoo's home page today..it is so sad I could barely stand to look at them!! My heart goes out to everyone in Joplin

    ReplyDelete