Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Child's Chair.

We are having a chair conundrum around here.  We have two kitchen dining options - a wicker chair belonging to a small round glass top table or a high bar chair under the kitchen island.  Neither are very kid friendly.  The Bug squirms around in the wicker chair (understandably so - they aren't very comfortable) and usually ends up on the floor and the high chair seems to invite crawling and climbing on the island. 

He's obviously too old for a high chair...what should he sit on?  Leave it to Tori Spelling to solve my problem.  I was watching Tori & Dean last week (obviously) and there they stood in all their toddler-friendly glory...the Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair.


This chair has been around since the 70's (Why didn't I have one, Mom?) and is designed to grow with your child.   The inventor was inspired to create the chair when he watched his son struggle to get comfortable at the family dinner table - grown out of his high chair, but far too small to sit in an adult chair.  Bingo!  Exactly our issue.


It's a beauty in modern architecture and I love how this image really demonstrates its versatility.  I also like how it looks like a piece of furniture - I always hated our giant plastic high chair.  It also comes in an amazing range of colors, including lots of natural woods, sure to fit in any decor.






The downside?  It's $240 - for just the chair.  No fancy belt, tray, baby adapter kit, etc.  Yikes!  If I would have made the investment from day 1, I can justify the price.  But not so sure right now...

What do your children sit in?  Have you considered the Stokke Tripp Trapp?

2 comments:

  1. Love our Tripp Trapp! Worth every penny for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great chair! I bought ours used off Craigslist for $30 and I sucked it up and bought a new one for baby #3. Check Amazon - some of the colors you can get for around $180.

    ReplyDelete