Thursday, June 23, 2011

Local Love 13.

Shaking things up a bit, I decided to let The Bug pick this week's Local Love.  He's a mover and shaker in Toddler Town so I figured he would offer a new perspective to my otherwise adult selections. 

I asked him what was his most favorite thing we have done so far this summer and he shrieked "toy store!!"  And I have to agree.  So, that's why this week's Local Love is The Learning Tree.



It is an amazing mecca of all things toys and my first stop shop for kid presents.  Everything from sidewalk chalk to bikes, we are easily entertained in the store for hours.  I love that I can let The Bug run loose while I chat with the extremely knowledgeable staff about the hot toys for the preschool set.  He can play with the latest and greatest and I can shop in peace, pay and wait for the item to be gift wrapped (for free!!) without worrying about him destroying the joint.  This is THE place to buy toys and gifts for kids in KC. 

With two locations in Kansas City (Corinth Square and Park Place), The Learning Tree has been around for about 15 years.    Each location does a weekly story time and during the summer they host "Make it and Take it" classes which involve a cute art project that you do with your child.   

They've recently launched a blog and one of my favorite features is "Toy of the Week."  If money grew on trees, we'd have all of them. 

Do you love The Learning Tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment