Friday, June 24, 2011

Candy Girl.

I am a candy-aholic.  Always have been.  My child is one too.  We have serious negotiations about how many jelly beans he can eat in one day.  (Do you think it could be inherited?!)

In order to spread my love of candy, I have always wanted to open a candy store.  Not like a Mr. Bulky's (anyone, anyone?) but similar to what Dylan Lauren has done in NYC, but in a much more local, vintage, penny-candy kind of way.  I picture moms and their kiddos coming by for a piece of candy after school, grandpas stopping in for a bag of candy for their grand kids, and me noshing.  All. Day. Long.




I have so many favorite candies so it would be very easy to fill a shop with sweets.  But I think if I had to pick just one, I choose Haribo Gummy Bears.  (Those imitation brands don't cut it for me).  The Texan once brought me the world's largest bag of Gummy Bears after he went to Germany on a business trip.  It was insane.  Five pounds I think.  And I ate every single one. 



So, in honor of National Candy Month, I salute you, candy.  Thanks for keeping me running.

What's your favorite candy?

PS - don't go stealin' my candy store idea.  I know where to find you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment