Monday, July 9, 2012

Just Beachy.

The fam and I just returned from a week long vacay to Mexico.  Seriously doubted our June timing as I was fearful that it was going to be too hot to enjoy ourselves...but I'll take the 85 degree weather Playa del Carmen was having over this muy loco heat KC is stuck with.

It was a little like Groundhog Day each day - wake, kids pool, lunch, adult pool, beach, happy hour, repeat.   But, it was great family time and The Bug is rocking a major tan. 

Here are a few things that I couldn't manage without...


My sweet Forever 21 fedora.  Everyone in my family hates this, but I like that it's cute and keeps the sun off my face.  I have enough freckles and can't stand to squint. 


The most amazing sunscreen ever made.  Yes, it comes with a pump so you get every bit of the 48 ounces out of it.  And yes, we practically used it all.  The pump makes a huge difference when the child is trying to squirm away during the application process.  It's lightweight, rubs right in and seems to last as long as it says it will.  Worth every bit of it's (somewhat pricey) price tag.


Loft Ikat dress.  I found this the day before we left for about $30.  I paired mine with a turquoise necklace and wore it to dinner one night.  It was the perfect vacation dress and I think I will get lots of wear out of it this summer. 


Clearly, I am having an ikat moment and my brand new Arrowhead Ikat Suit is no exception.  I love the fit of the top - enough coverage for my modest self and fits well enough that flailing arms and kicking feet can't knock it lose.  Despite the fact that he thinks he can swim, he can't. 

What are your summer vacay necessities?


No comments:

Post a Comment