Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Anniversary Sale Goodies.

Well, the Anniversary Sale strikes again.  I went for the single mission of finding a pair of black boots and came away with an entire "biker chic" outfit.  I promise not to wear all three of these pieces at the same time.

I saw the Trouve Black Leather Jacket in the catalog and immediately emailed my contact at Nordstrom to hold one for me.  He didn't have my size left, so we pre-ordered it.  Super glad mine arrived as it's no longer available online. 

It's everything you want a leather jacket to be - soft, buttery leather, a great fit and a classic style with an edge.  I cannot wait to start wearing this!



Many of you know that I work retail.  So one of my "rules" when making purchases outside my store is that it must be something that I cannot find at my retailer.  It just doesn't make sense to spend full price / sale money on something I could buy with my discount.

When I saw this leather/silk tee, I knew it was the perfect piece to take home.  It will be a great going out top with jeans, but also sassy tucked in to a skirt.  I will get a lot of wear out of this. 

Lastly, my main mission - black boots.


I tried on ALOT of boots.  I dismissed these at first because they had a bit more detailing than I wanted - I wanted simple and streamlined.  But I was convinced to try them on and it made all the difference in the world. 

These are easy to get off and on, the leather feels nice and they have a slight heel.  My favorite part is that they come up a tad higher than most boots - so they are almost covering your knee.  I think my go to brown boots of last Fall will be replaced with these!

There must have been something in the water that evening, but I was attracted to everything involving leather - I promise I am not leading a secret life!

What did you pick up this year?


4 comments:

  1. I kind of went the biker route too, I got the TB black biker boots and some biker looking pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is amazing, great score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your finds! I shopped the anniversary sale for the 3rd time yesterday and although it wasn't on sale I came away with that Trouve top too! I'm so excited to wear it! Great blog!
    Arielle
    sillymessychic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete