Monday, July 30, 2012

Vixen.

As we enter fall, it's time to take off the Cajun Shrimp and bring out the dark vampy colors.  And one of my favorite is a Revlon find - Vixen!



A lot of people see this as a less expensive alternative to Chanel's Rouge Noir (made famous by Uma in Pulp Fiction) and I agree - the colors are almost similar.  I am certain that the $25 Chanel is easier to work with than a drugstore brand, but I've gotten pretty good at the application. 

For me, this polish lasts longer than Essie and OPI - maybe it's the dark color?  Maybe it's the fact that I also use the Revlon base and top coat with it?  Maybe it's that I spend a good hour with the application? 

This year, in between Vixen wearings, I am looking for a cheap substitute for OPI's You Don't Know Jacques - a cool gray color.  Any ideas?

What is your go-to fall color?

2 comments:

  1. ok, I have to tell you I think Revlon quality IS better than Essie. It definitely stays on longer without chipping. I am going to get this Vixen color for Fall. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this shade is so cute, I would like to try...
    a cheap version of you don't know jacques is "dust and diamond" by h&m

    www.prettytobehappy.com

    ReplyDelete