Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Artistic Kansas City.

So this marks the beginning of saying goodbye to one of my dear KC friends...with just two weeks left until moving day, she has been trying to pack in all the fun she can, including a pretty posh cocktail party last weekend.

I wanted to bring a parting present so she and her family could look back at their time in KC with fondness and thought a print from local artist Mike Savage was the perfect gift. 


Mike is a life-long Kansas City resident and while he paints lots (and lots!) of other things, it's his images of his hometown that resonate with me.  This image captures all of Kansas City's Icons - the J.C. Nichols Fountain, Shuttlecocks at the Nelson-Atkins Museum, the Bartle Hall Pylons and more.  I love how colorful it is and how it captures all of the amazing things about Kansas City in one beautiful print. 

Some of my other favorite images...

Bending Towards Kansas City

Crossing Brush Creek

Brush Creeking By

MU - The Columns

Couldn't resist that MU print...lifelong Mizzou fan!  Great graduation present, right?

Mike's art can be purchased online or in person at his Gallery.  Do you think this makes a good "going-away" gift?

3 comments:

  1. We love you guys and will always remember our dear friends the Harrison's as we walk past this beauty! I love it so much - so colorful and captures all the fabulous places in KC! It will eventually be proudly displayed on some wall....of the house we haven't found yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! While in town this last time I purchased a large abstract for Gui for his birthday! He gets it on Monday and I can't wait. He loves his work, as do I! I miss both of you lovely ladies and think sometime in the future we will need to do a three way skype playdate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous prints! Definitely an excellent gift!

    ReplyDelete