Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Library, Part 2.

Remember this roomWell, she's finally getting hardwood floors and I couldn't be more excited about it!  The installers arrive tomorrow and my floors should be complete by Friday. 

Then comes the challenge of finding a rug.  Do I go with a solid to balance out all the pattern in the room?  Or do I layer another pattern on?  Funny how I am ripping up carpet to lay down hard wood only to cover it up again with a rug...

Here are a few leading contenders.


Simple, subtle blue.  Oddly enough the chairs on this catalog are the same material as the chairs in my Study, so I know this rug would fit in perfectly. 



Patterned options from Ballard Designs and Shades of Light.  I've always liked this kind of pattern and don't have anything like it currently in my home. 

What do you think?

Oh, in case you missed it, I was styled in "Leap Year" fashions on our local morning news.  Head over to my Facebook page for the link...and great timeless pieces worth investing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment