Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Bug Eats Something New.

We have had a MAJOR breakthrough over here people.  My child is now eating peanut butter!  Perhaps this isn't exciting to you, but for us, it is. 

It's been a long time coming.  As a babe, The Bug was perfect.  He gobbled up everything in site.  I would simply puree whatever The Texan and I were having for dinner and he would happily eat it. 

Then he turned 2.  And his mouth closed.  It has been a looooong two years of cheese sticks, mac and cheese, yogurt tubes and the occasional hot dog.

Yesterday at Whole Foods, we stumbled across Justin's Nut Butters and he was enamored.  (I think he liked the cute packaging.)  He selected Maple Almond Butter and I was concerned, but I have learned to let him try ANYTHING he expresses an interest in.  (Bonus that it came in a tester size package - I have wasted lots of money on foods to try.)


He requested toast with his dinner so I put a very thin layer of the Almond Butter on and he ate it.  He requested ANOTHER piece of toast.  This time, I put more.  He told me he liked it.  And what sealed the deal, he wanted toast again for breakfast.  It honestly feels like I have won some sort of Mommy Award. 


Justin's Nut Butters are good stuff.  They come in a variety of flavors, including Classic Peanut and Almond Butter, but also Chocolate Peanut Butter and Honey Almond Butter.  They use natural and organic ingredients for each flavor and also use Palm Fruit Oil - not only is it better for you, but it also minimizes separation which is one of the gross things about most natural nut butters. 

A trip to Whole Foods for a jar of this good stuff is part of today's plan.

Do your kids like peanut butter?  Have you tried Justin's?

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious. We have a picky pickerton here too.....although PB is something we have always liked. i do hear occasionally that 'it's too messy.' really? aren't you a kid?

    ReplyDelete