Thursday, August 30, 2012

Better with Butter.

The Texan was out of town last night which meant I could eat anything I wanted for dinner.  I dug out an oldie but goodie and thought I'd share it here. 

 
Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Butter and Parmesan Sauce.  The sauce is BEYOND rich and calorie laden, so I actually cut back on it quite a bit - basically I cut the sauce in half and then in half again.  I will share the original recipe for you here though. 

2 packages (11-ounce) fresh Wild Mushroom Ravioli (I use Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti.)
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
6 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1 whole nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
 
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.  Drain and put on a platter.  Meanwhile, cook the butter over medium-high heat until pale golden, about 4 minutes.  Add the basil leaves and cook until lightly fried, about 2 minutes.  Add pine nuts.  Pour over the cooked ravioli.  Grate 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg directly over ravioli.  Sprinkle with Parmesan.  Serve and enjoy!
 
Probably want to get your workout on the next morning...

2 comments: