Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peru.

I love a hotel.  Really, who doesn't?  You don't have to make your bed, clean the bathroom and there's always someone willing to hold the door open for you.

I love it when Travel & Leisure comes out with their list of World's Best Hotels.  It allows me to dream about our next vacation spot.

One of the hotels that always lands in the Top 50 is the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.  And it's one I've actually had the chance to stay in. 


It's an 85-cottage luxury hotel in the Andean village of Aquas Calientes.  It's UNREAL.  You feel like you have stepped in to a giant spa, except the sound of the rain forest and birds chirping are actually real!  The grounds are gorgeous, the people are friendly and South American cuisine is actually pretty tasty.





And the insanity of Machu Picchu is mere minutes from your doorstep.  Seeing the sunrise over Machu Picchu is a memory I will never forget.


I highly recommend Peru.  It's the trip of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment