Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SHU at Shelby.

Last week, I attended the launch of the SHU UEMURA line at Shelby Herrick Salon in Fairway.  Shelby is the FIRST Kansas City area salon to offer the full line of this product, so it was a pretty exciting evening.


We started with a little mixing, mingling, sushi and wine and then moved right in to personal styling with 1 of 3 stylists at Shelby Herrick.



I had the chance to work with the Mane Man himself, Shelby, who recommended Yokan Craft for my hair.    It will give me a little bit of hold, but really helped with adding some texture and volume to my hair.  And it works!  With just a few quick touches, Shelby was able to give me that sexy, beachy look.  (I was rocking some amazing hair for a post-event drink with Your Style Scout!)


Shelby and his team also offered up helpful hints throughout the night and suggested that the Satin Design White Tea Polishing Milk is a great primer for all hair types.  Pretty sure I have a sample of this in my generous goodie bag, so I am looking forward to trying it. 

It was a great event.  The salon is beautiful and Shelby and his team are extremely knowledgeable about hair, styling and achieving the look you want with the hair you've been given. 

Thanks to Shelby and his team for such a fun evening!  Check it out.

Anyone else see Shelby or use the SHU line?

1 comment:

  1. I've been using Shu Uemera Liquid Texture for a few years now - it's the first texture spray that really gives me good, wearable waves with no added help. I love it!

    ReplyDelete